Posted by admin
on June 02, 2015
Comments Off on 3 things that Students should learn
Imagine for awhile that you went four years in college. Just learning how the in-and-outs of your future profession will work. That wouldn’t be much fun, right?
Being a student is much more then just to know how to run a large organization or what Shakespeare thought about Hamlet. The student time is a time when you go from a teenager to an adult. It’s a time to test new things and to experience what life is all about.
It might be the time when you live by yourself for the first time. That’s a huge step for many young people. Handling a very own budget, paying bills and be responsible for no one but yourself. I think there are some things that a student should learn.
1) Being able to socialize with people. This is a huge factor when it comes to being more self reliant. There is no more mum or dad who will introduce you to new people. In adulthood meeting new people and understand their perspective is a huge thing. If you can’t get along with people this will be a career breaker. First thing you need to do to get a job is to get to an job interview most likely. Would be awkward if you couldn’t get along with the persons who interviews you, right? And don’t forget. That during this time, it might be the time that you meet that someone special. So go out and socialize and try your luck.
2) Running a household. If you aren’t lucky enough to have a maid or a butler, then it’s up to you everyday to clean your bed, wash your clothes and to make dinner everyday. Well you might not need to make your bed and wash your clothes everyday. But you have to eat and make your own food everyday if you don’t want a whole in your wallet. Running a household might seem daunting, but in the end it’s a great way to feel better about yourself.
3. Getting better disciplined. No matter if it comes to studies or keeping an budget, it’s very important that you become more disciplined. At the end of the day, you are holding yourself responsible if anything happens. Sure, mum and dad might come to the rescue once or twice, but the will probably give up if you screw up to much.
Posted by admin
on February 01, 2015
Comments Off on Eating Healthy and getting a good night sleep
Noodles are great. But!
Noodles are great. They are tasty, really fast food and above all, they are cheap. As an student we all need to prioritize.
But sometimes the student parties and nightlife is getting in a way of giving us the most of our student time. Even though I’m a huge fan of getting the most of my student life, I think that there is times when we all need a good night sleep and eating more healthy. Science has proved that sleep is the best way to stay productive and better our memory. Eating healthy is also an example of getting better results no matter if we are talking about work, studies or sports. These are things that makes our bodies and minds be more optimal. It all drains down to two factors that we students needs to take into account.
1. The time factor
Some students are lucky. Coming from a wealthy family, but most of use are not. We need to twist and turn every penny that we get our hands on. But come friday night and our budget mindset is gone with the wind. Time on the other hand something that is equal amongst everyone. There is 365 days in a year (mostly) and there is 24 hours in a day. For me it’s about managing time as well as resources. Both mentality and in terms of money. I wrote a previous post about habits. It could be useful to look at that post to see if there anything in life to get better at.
Posted by admin
on October 09, 2014
Comments Off on Why students should write a blog
I get a lot of questions about blogging. Especially about what to blog about. “My life is so uninteresting, why should anyone care about my blog”? But I think that the blog is more interesting for you as a student then to get a lot of followers to your blog.
There are so many benefits with blogging that I think I would share some of those with you. And perhaps you will get ideas on what to blog about.
1) Do it to become better with writing and reading. I am the first in line to say that my english isn’t top notch. But I know, that the more I read and write. I will become much better at it. So that’s a huge benefit as a student. That you can improve yourself on something that is so important do you degree and also to future work. In fact, I don’t know is I would have gone to the University that I’m in, if I haven’t written this blog. And That take me to reason number two.
2) Reflection about your studies and your life. It is much easier to get a birds view perspective on your life if you write a blog. If there is something that bothers you, do you have goals that you need motivation to? Well a blog is a great way to let out some steam and enables you to come back, days, month or even years later to read about and to laugh, cry and reflect over. It so good that I can honestly say that if I haven’t blogged I wouldn’t have come to the conclusion to study at the University. Experience all that life has to give to me and hopefully get a proper job at the end.
3) Get new friends and share experience. When you’re blogging you will notice that other people might be interested in what you’re writing about. Maybe they are in the same situation that you are in and that they have the same interests that you have. And maybe you will get comments that they like what you’re writing about, they will link to you from their blog, sharing readers from their blog. I know many friends that gotten friends from blogging and even met them IRL (In Real Life), and I met a few myself writing this blog. Internet is a such wonderful place.
4) Creating job opportunities. If you’re really love what you’re writing about, no matter it’s about animals, cooking, IT, playing online casino games, traveling or whatnot. There is always an opportunity that your blog will become a source for other person with the same interest. It might end up that you will become an authority in your field and people are looking to you for your expertize in the area of interest. This might end up in a job opportunity for you that an company is noticing you and is reaching out for you to start working to them. There are examples has gotten job requests solely because of their blog that they are writing on. And if you want to hire me, just hit me with an e-mail
Posted by admin
on September 09, 2014
Comments Off on How to get more done as a student
Coffee is good for producutivty
If you’re a student like me. There is probably things on your to-do-list that you have un-checked there since the last civil war. But tomorrow you will get the things done. Or maybe the day tomorrow after that?
As a student there is so many things that is keeping your focus somewhere else. But there are some tips that I can share with you to get things done as a student. The foremost best tips that I can give you is to adopt productive habits. When you have habits then the productive part comes easy. Well almost.
To get good habits you must understand yourself. Think about how you learned how to brush your thooths. That was probably not that easy in the beginning. But the more you did it, the easier it became. Now you’re doing it almost in your sleep. Same principle is applied here. But let me tell you what you need to do.
1. Choose a habit (e.g. exercising)
2. Choose a small reward (e.g. watch TV before bed)
3. Choose a que (e.g.have your sneakers visible)
So now you know that if you see your sneakers e.g. when you go out of bed, it’s time for you to go out running in the morning. And you know that if you do that, you will get 30 minutes extra TV-time in the evening. So lets go out and run. After doing this perhaps 10-20 times you will get an habit that sticks. Now you won’t need the reward as much and you will instead enjoy running and having you new found habit that will make you a better person hopefully.
This is something that you can try out on one or two new habits that you would like to adopt. E.g. for studying etc. But don’t do too many habits at once. Your brain has a limit of willpower. And habits are there to minimize the power you need to create an productive habit. But hopefully you can aggregate the things that you see as positive in your life and you will become a much better person in doing so.
I myself has just started with this and started running in the morning. Something that I have had big problems with. But that I know really enjoy doing in the morning. Also my studies have been positively improved by this. It a multi-habit with many benifits.